Preggo Health Nut

Pregnant and fit is not an oxymoron.. its possible!

She’s Here!!!!

on March 3, 2013

Introducing Eve Annelyse Myers!!! She decided to make her (quick) appearance into this world at 8:13 PM on Friday February 22nd. Birth story following a picture of our beautiful baby girl…


So, as I posted last week… Tuesday I went in for my weekly check up (and to check my blood pressure since it was high at my previous appointment)… and found out I was 4 cm and 70% effaced. I walked away from that appointment thinking little Evey would be coming very soon. That evening I started having contractions, they were mildly painful and about 7-10 mins a part. I thought wednesday sometime I would be heading into the hospital to have a baby… to my disappointment, I was wrong. So, I went the next couple days having contractions here and there, sometimes as close as 4 mins apart, sometimes 15 mins apart. And I would have consistent contractions for 2 or 3 hours and then they would stop for a couple hours. Every day I woke up thinking today is the day! This started to get a bit frustrating. So, by Thursday I had given up on thinking she was coming soon and decided to just live my life and if I went into labor, then great! If not, no big deal.  So, thursday during the day, we ran a bunch of errands and I got a starbucks (to treat myself and take my mind off the situation). I had more inconsistent contractions in the morning and throughout the day but nothing big. Until that evening, we were driving out to Mesa to meet a guy about buying some PS2 games (we just got a PS2 from my brother… and Corban really wanted to get some cool games like starwars, transformers etc).
On our way out there I started having some serious contractions that were about 3-4 mins apart! This had to be the real thing! Sean asked me if we should turn around and go to the hospital, I said, “let just get the games and give it a little bit longer so I can see if it was in fact the real thing”. So, we got the games and I was still having contractions.. then on our way back home, the contraction seemed to be getting stronger and more consistent… then the boys had to go pee, so we stopped at a gas station and I went to the restroom as well. After that, the contractions slowed down, so we decided to go ahead and have dinner over at our friends house like we had planned earlier instead of going to the hospital. Although, I thought that night we would definitely be going to the hospital! So, we had dinner with our friends and then came home, and with each hour my contractions got weaker and further apart. Totally faked me out and I was super bummed! At this point, I had been having uncomfortable contractions for about 3 days that were inconsistent and I was just ready to meet my baby!
That night, while I was brushing my teeth, I felt her drop real low all of a sudden! So, trying not to get my hopes up I ignored it and went on with my night. At about 4 AM I woke up with contractions that were about 2-3 mins apart and super strong. Lasted about an hour and then stopped. So, I went back to sleep. I then woke up around 6 AM and had the same thing happen again! I almost woke Sean up but since they stopped I decided to just go back to sleep and ignore it. By the time we actually woke up, I wasn’t really having any contractions at all. So, Sean and I started questioning whether he should go into work the next day or stay home. We decided to give it until the evening before making a decision. We went about our day, running errands, cleaning the house, inviting friends to come over and hang out that night since we didn’t think we would be having a baby. In the afternoon while we were at the grocery store I thought my water broke but it was only a tiny gush and didn’t soak my pants like it did when my water broke with Corban… So, I wondered if it was in factmy water breaking, but didn’t really think anything of it. When we got home from the store, I was noticing lots of pressure and back pain, I started to think maybe it was the rel deal and so I asked my mom what she thought. She told me it would probably be a good idea to go in and get checked. I thought maybe we should and mentioned it to Sean. Since I wasn’t positive that it was real labor, we decided to give it some time to see. So Sean and Ty took a nap. While they were napping, I noticed the pressure increasing and back pain coming in waves but just kept pushing it off. So, finally I told my mom that once Sean and Ty woke up from a nap we were going to head up to the hospital and asked if they would come pick up the boys from us.
At about 6 PM Sean woke up, I told him I thought we should go to the hospital. So we began to pack up our bags and other things needed at the hospital. My parents came and picked up the boys and at about 6:30 PM we were on our way. The whole way there I kept talking about how I wasn’t sure if it was the real thing and I was nervous that we would get there and they would tell me I was only dilated to 5 cm. Or that they would turn us away saying it wasn’t real labor. So, we get to the hospital and check in. We then waited in the waiting room for like 20 mins. During all of this, I was starting to doubt whether we should be there or not because I wasn’t really having any contractions… I think I had maybe 2 or 3 while sitting there. But, we were already there and so I thought, might as well get checked.
Eventually we get called back to a triage room, I changed into my hospital gown and the nurse came in. She asked a few questions, checked to see if my water did in fact break, and it did! She then checked to see how dilated I was, and told me my cervix is “like butter” and ready to go and I was 6-7 cm dilated. So, they decided to admit me! Yay! After she checked me, I started to have more and stronger contractions. And within minutes they were getting closer and closer together until contractions were practically on top of each other. The nurse eventually came in and said they had a delivery room ready and asked if I’d like to walk or get wheeled to the room. So, I decided to walk to help progress labor… hindsight, that may have been a bad idea!
On my way to the room, I was having contractions and about 2 feet from the door of the delivery room I had to stop and apparently (as I’m told) grabbed on to the wall hulk style and crossed my legs because I had such a strong contraction! I could feel that she was about to come out… So I just about had my baby in the hallway! Thankfully I made it to the hospital bed, laid on my side… They tried to get me to lay on my back so the nurse could check to see how far I was dilated… Wasn’t gonna happen. This baby was ready to come out! I started screaming uncontrollably and yelling “I can’t do this!” … meanwhile my wonderfully amazing and dear friend Bethany was reassuring me that yes I could and was doing it, and reminding me to breathe. And with in minutes Eve was on her way out. My husband said she was coming out so fast the nurse almost didn’t catch her! And yes… I said nurse. It all happend so fast my Dr AND the on call Dr weren’t able to make it!  (I was told later that all the nurses were referring to me as speedy Gonzales). So, the nurse delivered Eve safe and sound. Once she was out they laid her directly on my chest, where I was able to bond with my little beauty in person for the first time!
The after effect of not using drugs in the delivery of Eve was amazing! I felt so great and ready to move on with life and enjoy our new little precious gift!  Such a painfully amazing experience, I am glad it happened this way and I wouldn’t change it for the world!


2 responses to “She’s Here!!!!

  1. Heidi Smith says:

    beautiful story!! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: